Chicago Tourist Attractions
Chicago is one of the most visited cities of USA. It is a world famous place that thousands of tourists throng to every year. If you are visiting Chicago in the near future, then you have to make a travel plan before hand. The city is quite big and it has quite a lot of things to offer you. If you are in the city for just a few days, then you have to choose some of the places over some else. It is not possible to cover all the attractions of Chicago within a couple of days. You can either go by your personal choice or by the popular choice.
Both the international airports are at a convenient distance from Chicago, so whatever your arrival spot be, it won’t take more than a couple of hours to reach the city. It is not possible to start visiting places instantly, because you will be tired. So, the first step has to be a hotel, if you are not staying with anyone. There are a lot of good hotels in the city and there are less expensive ones also. Get to one that you can afford. Put your things in the hotel room, freshen up and then bring out your list.
The coming attractions in Chicago that you should not miss are as follows,
- Buckingham Fountain: from its initiation in 1927, it has entertained millions of people. It is sort of a signature landmark of Chicago. The water show with music and rainbow colored lights is bound to impress people of any age. This show takes place every hour during the summer.
- Hancock observatory: this observatory is a part of John Hancock Center. The tower may be not as high as the Sears Tower, but its 1000 feet height is enough to offer a nice and beautiful view of the city to the visitors. Along with the view, you can enjoy a nice and delicious cocktail in the Signature Room situated on the 95th floor of the tower.
- Lincoln Park Zoo: it is one of the most attractive and informative place in whole Chicago. It has attracted tourists and local people alike over the years. The zoo is a place that is equally fascinating both for the kids and the adults. If you do not have this attraction on your list, then you are going to miss a very big part of Chicago, its flavor and beauty. An exclusive and extensive collection of animals has been developed by the zoo authority over the years. You can get acquainted with some of the rarest and most beautiful animals here. Along with the animals, you will get to see some of the most fascinating historical architectural structures. The zoo is open 365 days a year and the best part is you need not have to pay an entry fee to get into the zoo. It’s free for every visitor.
- Millennium Park: it is another very famous place that you should visit. Here you will get to see some of the most innovative and creative architectural structures. It is getting more and more popular every day.
- Sears tower: it once used to be the highest building in the world; still it is the highest in North America. It harbors an observatory deck which of Sears tower: it once used to be the highest building in the world; still it is the highest in North America. It harbors an observatory deck which offers a view of the city of Chicago from a height of 1353 feet.
Apart from the above mentioned ones, there are many more famous places in Chicago. As it is not possible visit all those places is just a couple of days, it is also not possible to describe them all within this small place. Some other places that you can visit are Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, Wrigley field, Field Museum of Natural History, Rogers Park and many more. You can visit the places if you have enough time, otherwise a short tour of the famous will have to do.